Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a 1982 950 JD with loader and back . Hydraulics quit…

Customer Question
I have a 1982 950...
I have a 1982 950 JD with loader and back hoe. Hydraulics quit working when I lowered front bucket and it bottom out the pressure and sounded like something snapped. is there a key way that can be replaced?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
11/14/2014
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 8 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Curtis B. :

RWP5/RWP5004________UN01JAN94.gif
Full Size Image

Curtis B. :

Is this a 950 compact tractor? Just has a gear driven pump. Check the pump to see if it is turning. The pump drive or the pump shaft may be broken.

RWP5/RWP5006________UN01JAN94.gif
Full Size Image

Curtis B. :

Older models could have a front driven pump, driven off the front of the crankshaft with a coupler in between, they were prone to break!