Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a john deere 4610 4x4 , 2003 model it has a yanmar 4cyl…

Customer Question
I have a john deere...
I have a john deere 4610 4x4 , 2003 model it has a yanmar 4cyl (2.0 l) 122 cu inch diesel engine like the tractor but only has 43 hp really want to get it to 50 hp no waranty on tractor so want to know how to increase the power safetly could a injector upgrade or injector pump modification or upgrade get me to 50 hp can dealership mechanics do it or are there bolt on performance parts available? Would appreciate any info no mater hoy crazy or involved in getting more power thank you! Kyle thomas
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
9/27/2014
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 8 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
The injector pump would be the best alternative. You would need to find injector shop that can upgrade the pump to put out more fuel. The pump and the injector nozzles would be upgraded for more fuel output, this will get you the added horsepower, it will also get you more smoke! Dealer is not going to be any help, unless you want them to remove the parts, they will send pump out themselves , to an injector shop. You won't find any bolt on performance parts for the tractor. Adding a turbo charger is much more involved, as it requires injector pump, injectors, and new manifolds and different pistons, as well as turbo.