Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

New Holland tractor T1530 wont run at full power. I have bled…

New Holland tractor T1530 won't...
New Holland tractor T1530 won't run at full power. I have bled the fuel system several times, still seem to have air, and the tractor still won't keep RPMs at PTO setting. I have not found any leaks in the fuel system where it could be drawing in air. Is there anything else I can try?
8/14/2014
Mechanic: dd85, Foreman replied 8 years ago
dd85
dd85, Foreman
dd85 :

Since the fuel lines are all on the Suction side of the fuel system, there will be no leaks.

dd85 :

If you remove fuel cap, have approx. 20 lbs of air in air compressor tank, blow into fuel tank. If there is a leak ist should drip.

dd85 :

DO NOT use full Air pressure from Compressor .

Customer:

I did that, and found no dripping or leaks. What should I do next?

dd85 :

Remove the line from the fuel tank to the filter, at the filter.

dd85 :

does 1/2 gallon of fuel run out steadily?

dd85 :

If not remove fuel cap from fuel tank, does this improve flow?

dd85 :

If removing the fuel cap improves the flow you have a bad air vent in the fuel cap. If not there may be an obstruction in the fuel line or the fuel tank.

dd85 :

Using 10 lbs of pressure with fuel cap off, into the line at the filter, this should remove any obstruction.

dd85 :

If fuel ran freely, reinstall line.

dd85 :

remove line at injection pump. there is a banjo fitting where the line connects to the injection pump. remove this fitting also. after removing line from banjo fitting, look into banjo where line attached. is it clear and clean? there have been instances of the tube of the Banjo bolt filling up with ?? and blocking fuel flow.

dd85 :

Use a smeall drill bit by hand to remove ?? from tube of banjo tube. then blow air bhrough the small banjo hole out the tube until clean.

Customer:

Thank you for the detailed instructions. I will work through them when I get off work.

dd85 :

Be careful, Diesel is flammable.

dd85 :

If this diesn't work, let me know what does happen on each step.

Customer:

The fuel ran freely at the fuel filter. The fitting at the injection pump is crystal clean. In other words, everything is perfect except how the tractor is running. So, there doesn't seem to be a fuel obstruction or leaks. Is there anything left to check before I have to break down and take it into the shop?

dd85 :

Does it smoke at all when it looses power? Black smoke? White smoke?

Customer:

no smoke

dd85 :

What makes you think you are getting air in the fuel line?

dd85 :

If you are getting fuelto the injector pump, then yes it is time to take to the shop.

dd85
dd85, Foreman