Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have an old 670 with a 60 loader. Recently, like yesterday,

Customer Question
I have an old 670...
I have an old 670 with a 60 loader. Recently, like yesterday, the fe loader is stuck in the raise position and will not come down. What do I need to do? Thanks
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
6/17/2014
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 8 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Is loader connected with quick connects to the control valve? One of the boom hose connections has slipped back and stopped the oil flow. The correction is to remove the hose and reconnect. But with loader in the air, that can be problem. Can you get loader to rest on something, then remove the lines and reattach? Id line has pressure in it, you may have to loosen the line to let the pressure off!

Thanks Curtis, I will check that tomorrow. Raining here.

OK, thanks for the reply!

Good morning Curtis. Tried the disconnects and it did not work. Any other suggestions? Thanks, Mick

Is this a joystick control? Is the joystick moving the spool in the valve body? Is the return hose from valve open to the tank? Is it only the boom function that does not work? Bucket works ok? Swap hoses at the control valve for bucket and boom to see if it is valve or the cylinders.

Was just outside messing with it and it seems the control handle is stuck in raise position. Bucket rolls fine.

Go direct to the valve , and see if you can manually move the spool. The linkage between the handle and the valve may be what is sticking. If it is the valve itself, the lower portion opposite the lever end, will have a cap over it. In this cap is the return spring .If spring gets all rusted up, the valve can stick. Something like this valve.WP58/WP581__________UN01JAN94.gif