Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a john deere 855. The rear left wheel is sticking.

Customer Question
I have a john deere...
I have a john deere 855. The rear left wheel is sticking. When I try to go up hills it really works hard and bogs down. It especially slows me down when mowing. It is a hydro unit . Any suggestions? I will check the pressure relief valve today. Could it be a brake issue?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
5/29/2014
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 8 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Curtis B. :

I assume this is the 855 compact tractor! It has internal disc brakes. Is the brake fully returning on the left side? remove the linkage on the left side and see if it is hanging. It may not be returning, letting the brake drag.

MP47/MP4715_________UN01JAN94.gif
Full Size Image

Curtis B. :

# XXXXX lever is the brake lever you need to check.

Curtis B. :

scroll up to view.