Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Cranked up my 2000 790 a few days ago to start mowing. It ran…

Customer Question
Cranked up my 2000 790...
Cranked up my 2000 790 a few days ago to start mowing. It ran for about 5 mins. and then just shut down. I just filled it up with fresh diesel. Tractor will turn over, but will not start. New battery. Checked the injectors from the side of the engine and not getting any fuel. Bought a brand new fuel shutoff solenoid and put it on yesterday. Still turns over just fine but won't start. No smoke and was running fine. Checked all the safeties and all are working just fine. I am not hearing a click when I turn the key, which usually tells me the solenoid is working. Any help would be appreciated.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/23/2014
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 8 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Slip the solenoid back and see if the engine will run. I suspect it will.You have a control for the fuel solenoid that is not working. Solenoid has two coils in it and has three wires to it. The solenoid has to have power on one wire at all times the key is on, and power to both black and white , when it is in start mode. The large coil in the solenoid has to pull the solenoid and the small coil has to hold it in position . Check the fuses , it does not appear to have a separate relay, so the control is # XXXXX in diagram.MP37/MP37886________UN31MAR06.gif