Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a New Holland TC24D compact tractor, gear not HST.

The clutch does not disengauge...
I have a New Holland TC24D compact tractor, gear not HST. The clutch does not disengauge when I push the clutch peddle in. This happened last year but went away after about 10 minutes.
2/1/2014
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 8 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Curtis B. :

Has tractor been sitting where the clutch may have rusted against the flywheel? Tie down the clutch pedal so it holds the pressure plate away from the clutch disc. Then operate tractor in a medium gear, and jam on the brakes, the clutch disc should break loose, and tractor will stop driving, then untie the clutch and it should work.

Curtis B. :

When tractor is not going to be used for awhile, you should block clutch pedal so it does not push against the clutch disc. Most of these tractors came with a wooden block to be used for this.

Curtis B. :

??

Customer:

Yes, the tractor has been sitting idle for 3 months.

Curtis B. :

I think tying down the clutch pedal and operating it in a medium gear and jamming on the brakes will free the clutch. Is this something you can do?

Customer:

Yes, I can do it this afternoon. I will have to log off. Thank You!

Curtis B. :

Thank you.

Customer:

I assume that I tie the clutch in the disengaged position.

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician