Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have an 05 MF 1433 today the hydraulics suddenly quit. No…

I have an 05 MF...
I have an 05 MF 1433 today the hydraulics suddenly quit. No back hoe or loader hydraulics. it wasn't working I was just moving it. can't find any kinked or broXXXXX XXXXXnes and there is fluid in it. any suggestions.
12/6/2013
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 8 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Curtis B. :

This is Hydrostat unit? Does hydrostat work? Steering?

Curtis B. :

You have loader and backhoe on the unit. How are they connected to the hydraulics on tractor? Quick connects? Check the connections, unplug them and reattach.

Curtis B. :

1433 comes with no equipment, and the backhoe and loader are add ons. Both typically the pressure and supply for both, are plumbed off the tractor three point hydraulics. If one hose slips in coupler you lose all the accessory hydraulics/

Curtis B. :

Let me know,thanks.

Customer:

The tractor will move but I can check the steering. I was un hooking the back hoe. The hoe and stablizers worked until I got the pins out. Then I pulled forward about a foot. There was plenty of slack in the hoses. then when I went to rise the stabilizers to lower the front I hd no hydraulics. I disconnected the lines and put on the bypass hose and tried the front loader but no hydraulics there either. As I said can't find anything kinked, broke and there is fluid.

Curtis B. :

Did you check all the couplers, by removing and reinstalling?

Customer:

I was having trouble reading your reply the box is very small and I didn't scroll down enough. I assume by what you said that if the three point hitch works I have pump pressure? I hadn't touched any couplings before it quit. I can go check again. can I go and come backK

Curtis B. :

OK,the couplers need to be checked. The three point and the hydrostat both work from same pump as the backhoe and loader. So if hydrostat and three point work, pump is good, and connections may be issue.

Customer:

OK I'll be right back

Curtis B. :

OK

Customer:

Yup Found it. A coupler up front. no Idea what it had to do with the backhoe but undid it and hooked it back up and presto. Thanks Curt, I'm happy

Curtis B. :

Good job! Thank you!

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician