Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and Farm Equipment Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic.

Agriculture and Farm Equipment

tractor transmission jumps out of forward and stays in rev

erse...
tractor transmission jumps out of forward and stays in rev erse
11/7/2013
Gina-Moderator
Gina-Moderator, Moderator

I'm Gina and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with our professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of our professionals?

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.

Thank you,

Gina~Moderator

Gina, No we still do not have the answer to this problem. Yes, I need to know what they think how I can fix this problem.

Hello Danny

Thank you we will continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,
Gina~Moderator

what kind of information do you need.

Can I talk to someone by phone. XXX-XXX-XXXX

I took trans, apart to repair. It was not going into 2nd gear, repaired that with parts, it shifts good into 2nd, but it jumps out of forward now. Been working on it a week. Tried everything I know. Been working on tractors for 30 years, but can't figure this out. Need to talk to someone that knows about this kind of tractor.

Gina,

are you still there? I need an answer as soon as possible.

Dan, Technician

Hi my name isXXXXX will try to help. A worn shift fork, weak/worn detent ball and spring, bullet shaped/worn clutching collars and gears are all potential causes of this problem. Will the shifter slip out of gear on its own weight or does it pop out with force? Check for a worn shift fork and weak/worn detent ball and spring. Let me know. I was checking for any old archives on this issue for this particular model and came across this link. copy and paste in your browser. This is just some extra FYI of other experiences. http://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=56502&title=agcoallis-question

put new detent ball and springs in it, it pop out under force

Thanks for the info. It sounds like rounded or bullet shaped clutching collars and possible worn/bent shift fork. Is it hard to hold the shifter in gear or will it stay in gear if held in place?

It is hard to hold in. I will go back in and check this out. I will also check out the link you sent me. If you can think of anything else on this problem. Let me know.

Thanks for the info. Take a close look at the shift fork and sliding collars for wear, bullet shaped teeth and for a bent/worn fork. Let me know.
Dan, Technician

thank you for your help. Danny

Anytime. Let me know what the end results are or if you need further help.
Dan, Technician