Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and Farm Equipment Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic.

Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Kevin, Does the diagnostic connector on JD combines have

Kevin, Does the diagnostic connector...
Kevin,

Does the diagnostic connector on JD combines have both tractor and implement bus connections working?

We are unable to get both channels of data off of any of the JD combines. We've checked three so far.

Thanks,
Doug
9/25/2013
Gina-Moderator
Gina-Moderator, Moderator
Hello again :)

I'll let Kevin know you are looking for him here also.

Thanks,

Gina
Kevin
Kevin, Technician

Hi Doug,

Deere has gotten away from having two CAN bus networks on S series combines. There is only a single vehicle CAN bus. What they have done is for lack of a better term given controllers short bus networks to the power modules they control. The change was part of the effort to reduce the amount of wiring in the machines and simplify the CAN bus.

Prior to the S series the 9060 series had a vehicle and an implement bus if they were equipped with AutoTrac. If not equipped with AutoTrac then they had only the vehicle bus. The 9070 series had a vehicle CAN and a implement CAN. All Greenstar components operate on the implement CAN bus on 70 series machines.

Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks,

Kevin

Kevin
Kevin, Technician

Kevin,

OK, thanks.

That is a huge help and will relieve a lot of anxiety on this end.

Doug

Kevin
Kevin
Kevin, Technician