How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Curtis B. Your Own Question
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Satisfied Customers: 28930
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
Type Your Agriculture and Farm Equipment Question Here...
Curtis B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I own a A/C Model B. I pushed in too far on the clutch and

This answer was rated:

I own a A/C Model B. I pushed in too far on the clutch and now I have no clutch. Is there a way to fix/reset the clutch without having to split the cases? There is a hole on the bottom of the cases where you can see part of the clutch. Is this hole big enough to fix this problem without having to split the cases?

Thank you


Curtis B. :

The fingers on the throwout collar have gone over center. To correct you will have to get bat behind the throwout collar and push the collar far enough , that the clutch shaft and fingers can be rotated back behind the collar.

Curtis B. :

This is easier said than done, it will take two people, one to push the clutch which will be hard to push, and one to rotate the clutch shaft back. It can be done through the hole. You know the alternative, split the tractor!

Curtis B. :

If you get it done, then make a stop for the clutch, so it will not go too far.

<span class="JA_chatAuthorName"Customer:

What is the best way to push in the clutch? Obviously the foot lever cannot be used, so is there somehow through the inspection hole to get ahold of the clutch? If so, how is the best way to go about doing this? XXXXXXX

Curtis B. :

A long . straight bar, that will go behind the throwout collar. The bar can then be used to push against the clutch, same action as foot pushing on the throwout collar to release the clutch. Get light and look for the throwout collar and where you have to reach.

Curtis B. :

Poor service?

Curtis B., Technician
Satisfied Customers: 28930
Experience: Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
Curtis B. and other Agriculture and Farm Equipment Specialists are ready to help you

I’m Michelle, and I’m moderator for this topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from another one of the professionals?

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Taxes, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.



I believe I have everything I need - you can close out my question.


(Note: The reason I stated "poor service" was that I received an email yesterday that said the second part of my question had been answered. But, when I connected to the link provided in this email yesterday, there was nothing written that answered my second question. With this current email you sent me today, I finally am able to see the response to my second question. So, Curtis B did answer what I needed to know. (Please relay this to him.) The "poor service" was in response me not being able to see his answer to my second question - obviously a website issue.)


I'm Gina, a moderator on this topic. If you would like to change Curtis' rating to a positive one, which will also transfer your deposit to pay him for his answer, please let me know so we can have that taken care of for you.

Thank you and I apologize for the error on the site.


Customer: replied 4 years ago.



Yes, you can go ahead and change Curtis' rating.