Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

i HAVE A JOHN DEER 750 WITH A YANMAR 1.3 DIESEL ENGINE . THE…

Customer Question
i HAVE A JOHN DEER...
i HAVE A JOHN DEER 750 WITH A YANMAR 1.3 DIESEL ENGINE . THE ENGINE STOPPED RUNNING. i HAD THE PUMP REBUILT AND DID NOT SOLVE PROBLEM .. tHE ENGINEEN IS NOT GETTING FUEL. WHAT COULD CAUSE THE FUEL NOT GETTING TO THE ENGINE
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
9/21/2013
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 9 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Curtis B. :

This has the drop in pump that goes in the corner of the block? And it uses the speed control to bring engine down to kill it. It does not use key to kill engine.

Curtis B. :

You have fuel getting to the pump? Gravity flow from tank , through filter, to the pump inlet line with the bleeder on it? Fuel coming out the bleeder?

JACUSTOMER-mtom1h7r- :

fuel is getting to the pump. when the speed control leveler in moved , it will rotate the shaft on the out side , but cannot see what is happening on the inside ot the body. I believe the shaft that rotates is not working the fuel control spindel on the fuel pump.

Curtis B. :

The pump has a link that goes to the governor, is this link attached?

Curtis B. :

RWP3/RWP3373________UN01JAN94.gif
Full Size Image

Curtis B. :

It has to open and close the fuel by moving the link that attaches to the injectors.

JACUSTOMER-mtom1h7r- :

I think so.

Curtis B. :

You would have had to have attached it when the pump was slipped in.

Curtis B. :

RWP4/RWP4532________UN01JAN94.gif
Full Size Image

Curtis B. :

Take the side cover off and see if you can see the link.

Curtis B. :

# 3

JACUSTOMER-mtom1h7r- :

I was not the one that attached the pump. I will check with the person to see if it was attached

Curtis B. :

I think you will find that is the problem.

Curtis B. :

Let me know. Thank you.