Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

My JD 4710 will not start periodically. The battery is charged…

My JD 4710 will not...
My JD 4710 will not start periodically. The battery is charged and it turns over. I normally have problems after the engine is warm and I have been using the tractor for an hour or more, but occasionally it occurs when the tractor has set for several days. I have checked the fuel bowl and emptied it. There is no sediment. I have allowed the glow plug to warm up, even though it is warm outside. I have checked that the kill switch under the seat iplugged in. The engine ran fine just before I shut it off.
8/10/2013
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 9 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

koboma :

# XXXXX is the fuel shutoff solenoid. check the solenoid for voltage, it has to open the fuel as soon as the key is turned on. and has to hold it open until key is turned off.

koboma :

You can remove it , two bolts and see if the engine fires up, then slip it back in place to kill the engine.

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician