Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

what size clutch disk does the L 225 kubota tractor take? I…

what size clutch disk does...
what size clutch disk does the L 225 kubota tractor take? I put a new clutch and pressure plate in but it will not disengage. I have even tried to pull the tractor with another tractor while in 8th gear and the wheels wont turn. they will turn in neutral but not while in gear.
3/13/2013
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 9 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

koboma :

The size in not listed, just gives the part number . Is this just single clutch, or the heavy duty duty twin clutch?

koboma :

Did you compare the new one to the old one? Most times when the clutch will not disengage, the clutch disc is installed with the inner hub in wrong direction. The hub many times will bind against the flywheels center section , if it is in the wrong direction.

koboma :

The L 225 would typically have a 10 inch clutch disc. ??

koboma :

Does the clutch pedal feel like it has normal pressure? If so, all you can do is split it again and check the disc. Then check it by bolting it back up with a couple of bolts and see if it will work, before final assembly.

Customer:

it has a 8 and a half inch disk. the hub is facing the transmission it has normal clutch pressure but it doesnt disengage the clutch. I tried to pull it with another tractor but it just slid

koboma :

If rear wheels off the ground, and you crank engine, do the rear wheels turn? If clutch is not disengaging, the wheels should turn. If wheels are locked, there is something else going on, other than clutch.??

koboma :

Everything was normal before clutch replacement? Nothing else changed?

Customer:

When I got the tractor it was in 2 pieces! and it had been sitting there for about 9 years. I still have not been able to get it to run but I have changed all glow plugs and they are working properly,and i have replaced injectors and it is getting fuel but still wont start it just turns over. I was told that i might have to pull it off since its been sitting up so long. when its out of gear it rolls good,and when its jacked up and turned over the wheels do turn while in gear. also can I adjust my clutch pressure from inspection cover

koboma :

You might try, but I doubt you can get to it to adjust inner fingers on pressure plate. The only adjustment is the outer clutch rod between the pedal and clutch lever. And all that is adjusted is the freeplay on the clutch, free play should be about 3/4 inch.

koboma :

When cranking engine, do you get any smoke from exhaust?

koboma :

The compression should be checked, Harbor freight carrys a diesel compression gae that will go in the hole for the glow plug. I would want to check compression if there is smoke from exhaust and it still will not start.

Customer:

My main concern is is that my clutch doesnt work. It does smoke from exhaust when cranking engine over though!

koboma :

Do you have free play on the clutch pedal? If you do, try looking throough the inspection cover and see if the throwout bearing is engaging the fingers on the pressure plate. If you do, you need to go back and check the position of the clutch disc.

Customer:

Ive looked through the inspection hole and I do see the fingers moving i will split it apart again and see whats going on hopefully!! thanks for your help

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Thank you.