Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

My B7300 Kubota is leaking hydraulic fluid from where the 2…

My B7300 Kubota is leaking...
My B7300 Kubota is leaking hydraulic fluid from where the 2 casings meet at the bottom.
It drips about a pint a month just sitting. Is there a way to cure this with out dismantling which I suspect would be expensive, maybe something like a stop-leak to put in with the
Fluid?
Please advise, thanks
3/13/2013
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 9 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

koboma :

Is this the hydrostat transmission? There is split at the clutch housing and then the hydrostat section, only about and inch thick, then the transmossion case which has split where it bolts the rear end housing. Have you checked and tightened each bolt and nut?

koboma :

I would not recommend adding any stop leak to a hydrostat transmission.

koboma :

If it is the split between the transmission and rear end, it is possible to drain the system, loosen the bolts and nutas and separate the housing enough to get sealed into the split.

koboma :

??

koboma :

Sealer in the split, sorry

Customer: No, it appears to be a seam in the casing s directly below where the rear of the engine is, but it is on the bottom of the tractor
Customer: Where 2 sections of the hydrostatic unit meet, I tightened the nuts there but that appears to have had no effect
koboma :

Ok, that's where the clutch housing meets the hydrostat. Should be a dry housing. That means the front seal is likely leaking at he hydrostat input shaft.

Customer: That sounds bad and in need of being dismantled, and sounds expensive, there is no Kubota dealer here, who can fix it?
Customer: please guesstimate cost, thanks
koboma :

It's not as bad as it sounds, but to have it repaired at a tractor shop, expect to spend 1200 to 1500 dollars.

koboma :

??

Customer: Ok, thanks,
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician