Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a 5625. The fuel filter in front of the cab says secondary…

I have a 5625....
I have a 5625. The fuel filter in front of the cab says secondary fuel filter. I went to Sunshine equipment and the schematic showed a primary in line filter betwen the tank and the secondary. purchased the fileter but cannot find where the original one is.

My tractor has been dying when under load. Have 440+ HRS and have changed the secondary three times. Last tiem didn't change the dying which is why I investigated further.
9/6/2012
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 9 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

koboma :

I see three versions of the 5625, one has just an inline fuel filter mounted just out of the tank, before the electric fuel pump.

koboma :

The second one shows a water separator , again just on the out line from the tank, before the electric fuel pump. Have you seen the electric pump? The primary will always be on the line coming from the tank, before the priming pump.

koboma :

If you do not have one, check the fuel line coming out of the tank, it could be plugged with debris from the tank.

Customer:

at John Deere they pulled it up from my serial number and it showed the inline. Little bitty metal inline compared to the secondary spin on

Customer:

Electric pump, did not know about that.

Customer:

when it dies if i trun it off quick it will restart. If I let it die all the way i can pump the primer to restart or wait about five minutes and it will restart

koboma :

Yes, sounds like fuel starvation, find that inline filter and change it!

koboma :

Be sure the vent is open in the fuel cap.

koboma :

??

Customer:

so where is that electric pump in relation to the injection pump?

koboma :

It is going to be back at the tank, under the cover.

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician