Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

My JD 4610 Compact Tractors power steering has stopped working…

Customer Question
My JD 4610 Compact Tractor's...
My JD 4610 Compact Tractor's power steering has stopped working and turns let to the maximum. What is wrong?
Submitted: 10 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/25/2012
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 10 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

koboma :

4 wheel drive or two wheel drive?

koboma :

With front wheels off the ground, and engine off will the wheels steer?

koboma :

when engine is runnign, it just pulls to one side and locks?

koboma :

If it steers with wheels off the ground, steering valve should be ok, that would mean bad cylinder. 4wd model has two cylinders., would need to check which one is problem.

koboma :

??

koboma :

2 wheek drive cylinder.

koboma :

4 wheel drive.