Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

John Deere 5303: Tractor has never given any trouble until…

Customer Question
John Deere 5303: Tractor has...
John Deere 5303: Tractor has never given any trouble until recently-Tractor went dead as if no fuel-filled fuel tank and attempted to start-Just spins and obviously had no fuel to the injectors-changed fuel filter and bled lines-fuel to injector pump but not to injectors. Tapped on injector pump with hammer and tractor started fine-Ran several hours and shut it down for the night-tried to start next morning and encountered same problem; no fuel through injector pump-any idea as to fuses, etc????
Submitted: 10 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
6/3/2012
Mechanic: Wayne, Journeyman replied 10 years ago
Wayne, Journeyman
Hi I'm Wayne
I will help you with this
Good Morning
If you tapped on injection pump, and it started , that tells me
the your fuel solenoid is sticking,
or the rack in the pump, the fuel shut off rack
should see a wire going to the pump this is the fuel shut off solenoid
put a temp power to it with jumper wire , should feel a slight click
Is there a fuse for the fuel solenoid?

See the answer on the image

graphic
Wayne, Journeyman