Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

how do you bypass the switch on cub cadet seat so it wont shut…

Customer Question
how do you bypass the...
how do you bypass the switch on cub cadet seat so it wont shut off if you raise up
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
5/26/2012
Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 6 years ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Hello, I'm Chris.

To bypass the switch you just unplug it and install a jumper wire across both pins in the connector and tape it into place.

Do realize you are going to be defeating a safety feature that can save your life and or prevent serious injuries. I am in no way recommending you do this nor do I do this for my own or others units. So just so you understand doing this is not safe for you or any other driver of the mower.

i tried that it didnt work its 2011 model it has 4 terminals in the plug
Try Yellow jumped to Yellow/white.
i tried jumping from yellow to white you let off the break it dies

The wire diagram CC has is not very informative on this switches operation. I did see they went to a 4 pin switch, my mistake earlier. They make it hard ti disable safety features. Try grounding out the yellow and the yellow/white wires. If that fails then the switch has a signal for depressed and not depressed and its going to notice someone is always on the seat at all times and it will not allow you to disable it.

graphic

hows the best way to ground it out

2 wires on the connector already go to ground so just connect the other 2 wires to the grounded wires, with a jumper.

Chris (aka-Moose), Technician