Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Hi. I have a 770 tractor. It sputtered and then stopped. it…

Hi. I have a 770...
Hi. I have a 770 tractor. It sputtered and then stopped. it would pull in the fuel solenoid and power gauges when the key was turned. now it has no electric functions. no gauges. Fuel shutoff solenoid does not engage. it has a new battery. 12.7 volts. power to key switch. but when I turn the key I lose power to the switch and no power comes out of switch. I checked most safety switches.
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/19/2012
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 10 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

koboma :

Check both battery connections and check the negative cable at the frame connection, and then the positive at the starter solenoid. With the voltage dropping to nothing, it sounds like you have bad connection in the main cables.

koboma :

Thw power to the key switch sounds to be very low amperage and when you need more amps, it is not there.

koboma :

Let me know. Thank you.

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician