Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Kubota M8200 Cab tractor. PTO clutch slips after it gets…

Customer Question
Kubota M8200 Cab tractor....
Kubota M8200 Cab tractor. PTO clutch slips after it gets hot. Are there any adjustments that can be made or does it need a new PTO hydraulic clutch?
Submitted: 10 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
4/28/2012
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 10 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Customer:

If you have the hydraulically activated clutch, there is no adjustment, and it would require rebuilding the pto clutch pack. The older M8000 series used a mechanical pto that you had to shift into gear, driven by the clutch at the engine. Yours is not like that.

Customer:

If it only slips after it is hot, the inner clutch seals are likely the cause.

Customer:

Thank you.

Customer :

Do you have to split it apart to install PTO clutch on tractor or can you do it from the rear?

Customer :

From the rear, three point cover has to be off. Pto shaft is removed and the clutch assembly can be removed through the three point opening.
.

Where is the hydraulic screen located on the M8200

From what I see, it has no screen, just uses the spin on filter in the suction line to the hydraulic pump. It does have the control valve for the pto clutch on the right side of the housing and it has a pressure adjustment on it. You could try turning in the screw a little to see if it would help the slipping, would be worth a try before rebuilding the clutch.