Acura

Acura repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2012 Acura MDX When opening driver side car door no keys in…

2012 Acura MDX When...

2012 Acura MDX When opening driver side car door no keys in the ignition the warning "ding" that you get when you leave the keys in goes off

Mechanic's Assistant: When did you first notice the error? Does the key still start the vehicle?

Started today ..car starts with both sets of keys and runs no issue there

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the approximate mileage on your 2012 MDX?

58000 +/-

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Acura Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

We do have some repair items the local dealership brought up ...nothing major

10/27/2021
Mechanic for Acura: Josh127, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Josh127
Josh127, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer! My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you today.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok...

Did the noise just start or has it always done it?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
just started

I would check your headlamp switch first and make sure it's off, that's the most common reason I see the noise when opening the door.

If you turn the ignition switch to the ACCESSORY (I) or the LOCK (0) position without turning off the light switch, a reminder chime will also sound when you open the driver's door

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
duh.....ok so I shut the light switch to off and the chime did go off ???? reset to auto and it says off sorry to waste your time.....!

No problem at all, you would be suprised how often I see it. Enjoy the rest of your week and thank you!

Josh127
Josh127, ASE Certified Technician