Acura

Acura repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Keyless remote entry light is on but key fob works. About 1…

Customer Question
Keyless remote entry light...

Keyless remote entry light is on but key fob works

Mechanic's Assistant: How long have you had trouble with the light?

About 1 month

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the year and model of your Acura?

05 acura rl, bought it in 07

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Acura Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

Is there any way to disable it if repairs are expensive like everything else on the car?

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Acura
10/25/2021
Mechanic for Acura: AutoDoc1, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
AutoDoc1
AutoDoc1, ASE Certified Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer!  My name is ***** ***** I will be able to assist you. What's your name?  I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your vehicle. Don’t worry though, we’ll be able to figure this out.

Thank you for taking the time to let us help you out with this problem and hopefully we can sort it out quickly.

Please understand that I do not know your knowledge or capabilities so I may need to ask questions to find out basic information to help solve your specific problem.

Sometimes it may take a moment for me to respond because I may have to look up information about your concern. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible.

I’ll be right back!

First make sure your vehicle's battery is ok.  It should have 12.5 volts.  If you don't have a voltmeter then try to jump start it.  A low battery will cause all kinds of problems.  Next, make sure your key fob has a good battery in it.  Use the key fob remote to lock and unlock the doors.  Turn the ignition on for 30 seconds and it should start.  If it doesn't then lock and unlock the driver door with the physical key and turn the ignition on for 30 seconds.  If it still doesn't start then there is a problem with the anti theft system and will require a scan tool to find the problem.

To determine what the problem is you will need to use a scan tool to read the trouble codes (if any are stored) and also to view the data in the antitheft module to see what inputs / outputs are being recognized by the module.  This will determine whether you have a problem with the key, receiver, module, or any other part of the system.  Since there are not any common problems for this issue, I can not recommend any specific repair for this fault. If the module has any trouble codes stored let me know what they are and I will be able to pinpoint a specific problem for this issue.

My goal is to give you the best service possible and to help you.  If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know.  If I’m not online at the time, I will respond ASAP when I get back.