Acura

Acura repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My power lock buttons not working the windshield wipers are…

Customer Question
My power lock buttons...

My power lock buttons not working the windshield wipers are only doing high speed my flashes and headlights are not working and I can get my tailgate or gas top open

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your headlights? When did you last replace the bulbs?

It just started today and it not the headlight bulb I can get them to come on at all

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the year and model of your Acura?

2007 and it's a mdx

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Acura
9/21/2021
Mechanic for Acura: Daniel Chaidez,
 replied 1 year ago
Daniel Chaidez

Good Afternoon, my name is ***** ***** ill be helping you, so sorry to hear about the issues here on the Acura. I know how frustrating it can be to deal with electrical issues especially when its several issues at once. Please standby as i review your question and type out my answer.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok
Mechanic for Acura: Daniel Chaidez,
 replied 1 year ago

Okay well all of these systems do not share much in common. What they do share is the MICU and this is what Honda/Acura refers to as their body control module. The MICU is a computer board that is installed into the fuse box under the drivers side of the dash. This is the main brain behind most of the body related functions. Now with all of these systems going bad at the same time i do suspect that your MICU has failed since it was a common failure point for this era of Acura/Honda. Being an electronic component you would need further diagnosis with a scan tool to confirm if your MICU has failed but you most likely will be replaced the MICU here unfortunately.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Would that cause the alarm to come on and stay on
Mechanic for Acura: Daniel Chaidez,
 replied 1 year ago

Yes it can also cause that.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How much would it cost to have fix
Mechanic for Acura: Daniel Chaidez,
 replied 1 year ago

ballpark of 500-600 for the part and for the programming that is required after replacing it.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
In an estimate how much would the labor be
Mechanic for Acura: Daniel Chaidez,
 replied 1 year ago

1-2 hours since replacing it is not very difficult and programming usually only calls for 1 hour of labor.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How much would it cost in just labor
Mechanic for Acura: Daniel Chaidez,
 replied 1 year ago

100-250 dollars.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Would it still be drivable
Mechanic for Acura: Daniel Chaidez,
 replied 1 year ago

yes

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How long would I be able to drive it before it becomes un driveable
Mechanic for Acura: Daniel Chaidez,
 replied 1 year ago

theres no way to know that for sure. i would recommend getting this fixed soon to avoid any issue.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Where would I get that part from
Mechanic for Acura: Daniel Chaidez,
 replied 1 year ago
You can order it online or from your local Acura dealer. I don’t have access to the Acura parts catalog to give you a part number.