Acura

Acura repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have 2014 MDX, I replaced my windshield and had a 3M

I have 2014 MDX, I replaced...
I have 2014 MDX,
I replaced my windshield and had a 3M equivalent ceramic film installed. Now my Lane departure camera does not function. Where is the camera - seems there are three cameras, and how can it be adapted to or adjusted.
7/10/2018
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

thanks for requesting me, but unfortunately I dont have the camera locations, and I am not familiar with what effect ceramic window film would have if any on the system.

I will open this up to the other experts

Anthony P.
Anthony P., Acura Mechanic
Hi and your camera is mounted in the windshield brackets they hold the rear view mirror. You cannot have ANYTHING on the windshield and it must be a Honda/Acura oem windshield.
Customer reply replied 6 days ago
I thought it was a Honda/Acura OEM windshield. If it is, what might be an option for the lane departure to operate?
Was the camera relearned?? Anytime you do anything to the camera it must be aimed and you will have to take the 3m overlay off around the camera eye
Anthony P.
Anthony P., Acura Mechanic
Customer reply replied 6 days ago
That is the type of information that I was looking for - THANK YOU!!
Who could do the re-learning - the dealership?
Or a specialty person?
Customer reply replied 5 days ago
please open to other experts - Thank you soo much!!

yes only the dealer can relearn it, they have the radars used to set it.

Customer reply replied 5 days ago
PERFECT- Thanks

If its a honda windshield DO NOT tell them you replaced it so you will not have to pay the aiming charge. If the car has less than 36000 miles they should do it under warranty lol

Customer reply replied 5 days ago
Thanks again
Customer reply replied 10 hours ago
It was not an Acura windshield and the tinting company will be replacing windshield and the dealership will re-aim the sensors, Thank you so much!!!!!!!
Very good. Glad I could help