Acura

Acura repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The stationary door handle inside my drivers side came off.

Customer Question
The stationary door handle...

The stationary door handle inside my drivers side came off. The handle you use to close the door! I have the whole thing. It's a leather wrapped piece. it looks like the plastic on both ends broke. Can I just use a glue or construction adhesive to reattach? Or do I need to somehow use an armature to attach it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your car. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

It's an Acura RL 2005. But still runs great.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Acura
4/2/2018
Mechanic for Acura: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 3 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Take a look at attached diagram and let me know if the yellow highlighted piece is what you are referring to

that is it.
i just paid $24. You want more?

HI,

That is an automated request that I do not control. you can ignore it

Ok, that piece is screwed at the bottom from underneath the arm rest. To rescrew it, you will need to remove the door panel, then remove the armrest. At the top, it has a retaining pin and screw to hold it.

Depending on what is left of the handle, you may be able to rescrew it to the door armrest and door trim panel, or will need to replace it.

If you can take a photo of it and upload to here using the paperclip icon on your reply box toolbar, I can tell you what are the realistic options