Acura

Acura repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Gear shift on console broke (button popped out, stick is…

Customer Question
Gear shift on console...

Gear shift on console broke (button popped out, stick is loose). Car is a 1997 Acura 2.2CL.

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

There is no noise. Gear is stuck in park.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '97 Acura?

2.2CL

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Not fixing myself. not having luck finding someone who can.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Acura
Answered in 1 day by:
4/3/2018
Mechanic for Acura: eric remington,
 replied 3 months ago
eric remington

h​ello I am here to help can u see screws that hold handle in place. can you take a picture

Mechanic for Acura: eric remington,
 replied 3 months ago

h​ELLO DO YOU STILL REQUIRE ASSISTANCE?

Mechanic for Acura: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 3 months ago
Cesar Jimenez

hi im cesar jimenez and i will be assisting you today...

there is a little access key hole where the shifter center console is and take your key and insert it there and you will be able to take it out of park...

most likely the problem is:

-fuse

- brake switch (on pedal)

- shifter locksolenoid