Acura

Acura repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

New battery radio err9 acura 2003 yl. I meant tl. I've tried…

Customer Question
New battery radio err9...

New battery radio err9 acura 2003 yl

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

I meant tl

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your TL yourself? What have you tried so far?

I've tried the code that is my book which 53512 then I get err

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No just got a long ride tomorrow and I want my radio c.f. player

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Acura
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/31/2018
Mechanic for Acura: acramstr, ASE Master Tech replied 3 months ago
acramstr
acramstr, ASE Master Tech

Welcome to Just Answer My name is*****'m here to help you with your problem. There is a glitch in the radio electronics in these that will not let them accept the code. You can usually get them to take the code by disconnecting the antenna lead at the top of the rear window before entering the code. So try this , Disconnect the battery for 15 min to clear the radio memory, Disconnect the antenna at the top of the rear window glass, It is under a cover that slides off to reveal a single connector on the passenger side of the top of the rear glass , Then try the code again. If you can do this in an under ground garage or under an awing even better. anything that blocks the antenna from receiving a signal will let the code work.