Acura

Acura repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My son was driving and it shook for a second CEL came on and…

Customer Question
My son was driving...

My son was driving and it shook for a second CEL came on and it died will not restart. checked the fuel pressure at the rail have 54 to 60 PSI. shot the wires to the ignition system through the CB box.Checked number 8 CB and relays are all good. hooked up the OBD2 and have no codes. checked the immobilizer and the green key goes out. CEL comes on and goes out. Checked spark at one of the plugs and it seemed weak. yellow spark. changed the crank sensor and still nothing. at first it wanted to start then just turned over and smelled fuel. Battery is also brand new of the shelf. any suggestions?

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

What light CEL

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '54 Acura?

04 acura tl

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your TL yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes ,my son was driving and it shook for a second CEL came on and it died will not restart. checked the fuel pressure at the rail have 54 to 60 PSI. shot the wires to the ignition system through the CB box.Checked number 8 CB and relays are all good. hooked up the OBD2 and have no codes. checked the immobilizer and the green key goes out. CEL comes on and goes out. Checked spark at one of the plugs and it seemed weak. yellow spark. changed the crank sensor and still nothing. at first it wanted to start then just turned over and smelled fuel. Battery is also brand new of the shelf. any suggestions?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thats everything I've done

Submitted: 27 days ago.Category: Acura
3/29/2018
Mechanic for Acura: david craig, Acura Mechanic replied 27 days ago
david craig
david craig, Acura Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you. Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
thank you

there's 2 ground wires, G101 and G102 on top of the engine that could be loose or corroded. there is also a joint connector C104 near the rear of the engine that all the coils use. the weak spark isn't able to bun the injected fuel. I will try to find the exact location of the grounds and connector

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Ok thank you
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I did find a vaccine line broke on the electric mount solenoid
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
The grounds on top of thermostat are tight and not corroded

ok

can you check spark at another cylinder please?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Sure give me a sec
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I have spark on another cylinder

is it strong?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
No it’s about the same as the other one yellowish in color not blue like it should be

Im not sure on this one, Im going to open it up to the others

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Ok
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
After further toubleshooting I don’t think there is any spark pulled to plugs and there wet which is an indicator of no spark in the cylinder
Mechanic for Acura: MASTER TECH, Acura Technician replied 26 days ago
MASTER  TECH
MASTER TECH, Acura Technician

Hello welcome to Just answer I am Master tech and will be able to assist you.

can you tell me how many miles are on the car .

also have you done a compression test yet ?

thebesthonda
thebesthonda
thebesthonda, ASE MasterTechnician