Acura

Acura repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Power locks inop, power seat only works with power on, radio…

Customer Question
Power locks inop...

Power locks inop , power seat only works with power on , radio display not working , sh awd lite on

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuse?

Yes fuse for power lock good

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Acura?

2009 mdx base no navi

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just checked fuse

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Acura
3/28/2018
Mechanic for Acura: Dan, ASE Master Technician replied 3 months ago
Dan, ASE Master Technician

Hello my name is***** am a Master Technician and I am glad to help you. I am reviewing your question now, and will reply shortly.

Sounds like you may have a few separate issues. It is important to check ALL fuses.

So the power seat works only with the key on? that is not going to be a fuse issue.

If the radio works but not the display that is going to be the radio itself and not a fuse issue.

The power lock issue could be a blown fuse, lock switch, or the lock solenoids in the doors.

The sh awd light on could be a few things and you will need a scan tool that can access the module to pull the codes. You will need the codes to diagnose the problem.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Giving a positive (3 star or higher) rating would be appreciated
You can do this rating by clicking on the stars.
This will not close your question and we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free!
I do not get credit from the site unless you give a positive rating.
Do not give a negative rating (2 stars or less) please ask what you need more help with and let’s get your question answered!
5 star ratings are greatly appreciated!

I am contacting you because this question has not been closed or rated.
This question will automatically time out after 7 days. Please let me know if you have any questions so I can help more.
A 5 star rating would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.