Acura

Acura repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I just had the front struts and rear shocks replaced in my…

Customer Question
I just had the...

I just had the front struts and rear shocks replaced in my 05 MDX, but I still experience a grinding in the rear when I make a tight turn. What could this be?

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

I think it's coming from the rear wheels. Been happening for months now.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '05 Acura?

MDX Touring

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Touring yourself? What have you tried so far?

No. Took it to a mechanic. New front struts, new rear shocks.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No. That's pretty much it.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Acura
3/27/2018
Mechanic for Acura: Greg, Technician replied 2 months ago
Greg
Greg, Technician

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

Hi .

The VTM fluid is contaminated ,this is a typical issue when doing a turn .

First flush the rear Differential and use new fluid from Honda VTM fluid only .

then do a few days drive then do a figure 8 and hit the pedal at each turn noise should be gone ?

If still there .

NOTE:

The fluid you drain should be red. if pink its has be contaminated with water .

Normally a good flush and new fluid will sort out this issue .

For further assistance with this issue please get back to me with the reply box below .
This is not a one answer and done i will stay with you until the problem is sorted out .
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 3 to 5 stars at the top of your page, i'm not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with you unless you leave positive feedback.
Before rating 1 to 2 stars please get back to me as i'm here to help you, if i can't or you think i can't i will opt out or you can opt me out so another expert can.
I want to help you with your problem and make you a happy motorist
Rgds Greg

Funny the problem you had has nothing to do with suspension .

Greg