Acura

Acura repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My highmount brake light isn't working. I changed my buib…

Customer Question
My highmount brake light...

My highmount brake light isn't working. I changed my buib and it's still not working

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?

I recently changed my fluid a couple of months ago

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Acura?

2006 acura rsx base

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RSX yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am, the only thing that i've done was change the bulb

Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Acura
3/25/2018
Mechanic for Acura: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 29 days ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue
In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sunday through Friday from around 5 am to 9 pm Eastern time.Zone If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.
If you see a call request on your screen ,That is an automated feature the web site offers all customers.

I will try to help you on this ,FIRST CLICK ON LINK TO VIEW PDF FILE OF THE WIRING CIRCUIT FOR THE HUGH MOUNTED BRAKE LAMP, I HAVE HIGHLIGHTED THE CIRCUIT IN YELLOW ,LET ME KNOW IF YOU CAN VIEW IT AND WE GO FROM THERE

Please Let Me Know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

We have fuse # 7 in the under hood fuse box(left side of engine compartment) a 15 AMP fuse , can you check that ?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I can check here shortly

Check Ground point G701( loose or corroded ) is our high mounted brake light ground ,click on link to view picture location, sounds good let me know,just reply back when ready ?

the other brake lights are working left and right when pedal pressed correct ?

do they look dim ?

do you have test light ?

The high mounted brake light has 2 wires.

1-blk/white and 2-blk

blk/white is our power and blk is our ground g701, ,do you have power on wire blk/ white wire ?ignition switch on ?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
The fuse is good

Power comes from fuse # 7 to the brake light switch under pedal then to the under fuse box where they are connected and from there to our high mounted brake light Assembly and grounded g701

ok good ,fuse is ok ,now is there power at the brake light connector ?

do the rest of the brake lights work, left and right ??

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
they do, it's just the high mount brake light

Ok good , now

tell me Black / White wire at brake light the high mounted one ,key on , do you have power ?

and Ground G701 is it good, do you know how to check for a good ground ?

Mechanic for Acura: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 19 days ago

If more help is needed, Please use the reply Tab to continue our conversation.

, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click here or above).

You can Rate at Any Time and we Can Continue to work on your question as This Will Not Close out your Question.

I work on delivering the best answer and help but in some cases,

It can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat