Acura

Acura repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

All the 1201-1206 p0300 1399 1491 codes 99 Acura RL, I have…

Customer Question
All the 1201-1206 p0300...

All the 1201-1206 p0300 1399 1491 codes 99 Acura RL

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

I have reset the codes scores of times in last month New Catalytic Converter, Both sensors, All new NJK plugs and just installed six new fuel injectors today. Took out the EGR and soaked the mechanical half in carb cleaner 24 hrs.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '99 Acura?

RL and 231,000 miles 3.5 RL

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Everything I mentioned. Retired Airline pilot. Lots of time been working on cars for 50 years + Lotus Bricklin Fords GMC etc

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

How best to burn the car to the waterline without violating EPA regulations. Also have rebuilt the engines in several sailboats.

Submitted: 30 days ago.Category: Acura
3/25/2018
Mechanic for Acura: Canuck Tech, Auto Service Technician replied 30 days ago
Canuck Tech
Canuck Tech, Auto Service Technician

Man I just want to talk to you because you mentioned EPA, burning, and waterline all in one sentence! I'm going to consider the injector codes first.

The PGM-FI relay supplies power to the injectors.

The power for the injector circuits goes through the PGM-FI relay

It is a double relay to the right of the steering column.

Mechanic for Acura: Canuck Tech, Auto Service Technician replied 29 days ago

I'm considering sketchy contacts in the PGM-FI relay as being a possible cause of the injector circuit codes, and the misfires.

Canuck Tech
Canuck Tech
Canuck Tech, Auto Service Technician