Acura

Acura repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I took my Vehicle in for synthetic oil change yesterday and…

Customer Question
I took my Vehicle in...
I took my Vehicle in for synthetic oil change yesterday and decided to get the inspection that comes with my buyer protection plan.
So they did the insection and it needed new front brake shoes and rotors. I also mentioned it's been very sluggish and since I bought it used at about a 120,000
miles I don't think the spark plugs have been changed or there has been a tune-up. So the mechanic came and told me that it would be about $1,200 for all the services and I told them that I would check around for a better price. The service writer came and talked to me and said we don't have any business today because of cancellations and how about if he keeps it under a thousand & would I get work done, I said yes. This implied over $200 written off. I also have a $35 service voucher every 3 months that I told them to use also. By the time I got home and looked at their original estimate it said a lower price and by the time it was said and done they didn't use my voucher of $35 and just reduce the price $38. I'm very angry about this and wondered what I should do in this case. It's a major car dealership on the East Coast
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Acura
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/23/2018
Mechanic for Acura: Roy, import/domestic specialest replied 3 months ago
Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

what was your final bill???

Roy

Thank you

your welcome

what was your total invoice??

Orig. Estimate 1035.00 plus tax
Final bill 997.04
And I have a 35.00 plan credit
Also not shown on invoice and he told me it loads automatically and at the end , I asked, he said it was credited.

if you final bill with tax was 997, then you got a lot more than the 35.

it was 950 before tax instead of 1035. you git 85 off in addition to the 200 they credited you.

It looks good from here. Am I missing something??

Roy

I was told OVER $ 200.00 would be discounted from ORIGINAL Estimate, and he would keep it "under $1,000"
(Orig. , on invoice, turned out to be $1,035.00 plus tax which would be approx. $1100.00).
So at least $200.00 off that would be
Approx.$ 900.00
Then my$ 35.00 voucher credit not taken off bill, would be approx. $865.00.
I was charged $997.04.
So that is approx. $ 132.00 overcharge.
I'm not really going over mathematics, I want to know vthe best route to handle a discrepancy.
Even as small as servicec wtiter telling.me he credited my voucher and did not.
I really wanted to complete this and get detailed answers.
Could you opt out of question please.
Mechanic for Acura: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

They told you that the total would be under $1,000 and $997 is under $1,000, therefore you paid what was agreed upon before the work was started. If you have a discrepancy then you'd want to return to the dealer and discuss the situation with the service manager.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

As I mentioned the service writer said he'll take off over $200, and I saw the original estimate said 1035.00
on my bill. I also asked three times ,if he took off my merchandise credit voucher and he said yes... that wasn't taken off.
He also said he'll give a discount for being a lifetime buyer protection plan holder he didn't do that either.
I will just go back- there's no point in me continuing to explain, I just need to go back. Without you reading it, it would make no sense. They just did a bunch of double talk and lost a customer. I also said I wanted my old spark plugs he didn't have those either.
I have a question about repairs, mechanically -speaking.
When an inspection checks off that" drive belts" will be an upcoming issue, but not a current emergency (in the yellow).
What does this mean, what comprises drive belts ?

Belts are what drive engine driven accessories such as the power steering pump, a/c compressor, etc. The belt is most likely showing some glazing or cracking.