Acura

Acura repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I'm attempting to remove the clam shell over the steering…

Customer Question
I'm attempting to remove...

I'm attempting to remove the clam shell over the steering column on a 2012 MDX. I've removed the three fasteners and cant to seem to squeeze the two halves apart

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Acura. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Yes, I'm installing an Ignition Interlock Device.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Acura
3/22/2018
Mechanic for Acura: K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, there are tabs at the rear of it you'll need to unclip, I'll post the procedure below.

My goal is to provide 5 star service. Rating/accepting does not cost extra and ensures I'm credited for my time and knowledge. It also does not close your question if you have a follow up concerning this. Thank you for using Just Answer!