Acura

Acura repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

ENGINE WONT TAKE GAS FOR SHORT PERIOD OF TIME AT LOWER

ENGINE WONT TAKE GAS...

ENGINE WONT TAKE GAS FOR SHORT PERIOD OF TIME AT LOWER SPEEDS. MAYBE FUEL FILTER OR INJECTORS IM THINKING

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

NOT A GAS HOG BUT USES MORE GAS AND STARTS FINE

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Acura?

2000 tL

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your TL yourself? What have you tried so far?

TRYING TO DECIDE IF i CAN CHANGE THE FUEL FILTER AFTER i LOCATE IT

3/19/2018
Pete, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Is the engine acting like its bogging down with this issue here at all?

Let me know,thanks Pete.

Pete, Technician
The problem is intermittent. Engine does not shut off but stalls for a couple seconds, still have to press down onacceletator.
Phone call session started

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks Pete