Acura

Acura repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Only on first start in am makes rumbling noise when I put in…

Customer Question
Only on first start...

Only on first start in am makes rumbling noise when I put in reverse

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Acura?

2007 TL

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your TL yourself? What have you tried so far?

I just had transmission done and redid motor mounts

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Once I'm done backing out and put in drive noise completely goes away until first start next am

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Acura
3/19/2018
Mechanic for Acura: Chris (aka- Moose), Acura Technician replied 4 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Acura Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

Can you tell if the noise is from the engine or trans?

If you warm it up for about a minute will it still occur?

Does it occur in reverse while not moving?

As soon as I put in reverse and step on brake
Mechanic for Acura: Chris (aka- Moose), Acura Technician replied 3 months ago

Does it occur in reverse while not moving? As soon as I put in reverse and step on brake

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my response. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.You can still reply. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris