Acura

Acura repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2002 MDX pins pulled out of connector. I was in there

Customer Question
looking at something else and...
2002 MDX pins pulled out of connector. I was in there looking at something else and when I pushed the connector to the side, the pins pulled out. The cas Was at the trans shop not too long ago and it looks like the connector was not so gently removed from its mounting position. They probably pulled out there and were not repaired correctly. Now. I need to identify the pin positions so I can put it back together. The connector would have been mounted to the lower rear corner of the right cylinder head. The chassis side of the harness comes up from between the block and I think it’s the engine mount bracket. Any help would be awesome.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Acura
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/15/2018
Mechanic for Acura: david craig, Acura Mechanic replied 4 months ago
david craig
david craig, Acura Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you. Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you

how many wires and what are their colors?

The wire colors are different on each side of the 4 pin connector. On the chassis side I want to say there’s two black one white and one green. on the harness side I believe it’s a black with white, a Solid white a brown and a green with yellow or something along those lines but I can’t be certain cause I’m not at the car. I tried to look it up but couldn’t find it. I can be certain in the morning.

ok. ill be on in the morning

chassis side, 2 black, green, white. Harness side, Black/white, black/yellow, green/yellow, brown. pic attached for location. the fuel pressure regulator is left of center, you can see the pins beneath, a little out of focus.

ill see if i can figure it out

Thanks. I’m going to try to find some time to jack it up and crawl under it, and see if I can locate the bundle from underneath, but it’s been raining and everything is wet and I really don’t want to be in wet clothes all day.
I think its the primary O2 sensor on the right side. I cleaned the harness up a little and the brown wire is actually white. the connector definitely looks like an O2 sensor connector and the wire colors match the schematics. thanks for the effort.

ok. very good.

cant rate from my phone and my destktop wont let me rate. i'll try another unit with a different browser.

no need to rate. I didnt help at all. but thanks.