Acura

Acura repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

We just purchased a 2011 MDX. Not knowing about all the

Customer Question
We just purchased a...

We just purchased a 2011 MDX. Not knowing about all the buttons (there are so many!) we didn't know what worked and not. Driving and reading the manual over the last 2 weeks, we have noticed that the comfort button that controls the ADS system just flashes when engaged. The manual also says that when in "S" sport mode there should be a SPORT display for a few seconds on dash same for when in COMFORT mode. Nothing shows on display. The ADS warning light doesn't come on either indicating a problem.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

The comfort button on center console below gear shift and cupholders

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '11 Acura?

Yes with advanced tech package

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

We have a mechanic but he doesn't specialize in Honda/Acura. We have a 90 day warranty with the car but it doesn't cover everything so we are trying to figure out what could be the cause to tell our mechanic

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That seems to be the only problem we have. We are having the timing belt replaced since it doesn't seem to be done and there is 120,000 + miles on the car. Any help on the ADS would be appreciated as we never had a car with all this tech.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Acura
3/14/2018
Mechanic for Acura: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 1 month ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue

First click on link to view df file on the ADS system description and the Parts involved here .

If you do not mind me asking are you looking for the most possible causes and taking it to a repair shop or you are repairing it yourself and you need step by step instructions
Please Let Me Know if you can view the files and we continue

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Looking for the cause and possible repair of the blinking comfort button light to take to get repaired. We will not be repairing it ourselves.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I cannot do a call but would like to know what the possible causes may be for the flashing comfort button. Dirty/bad sensors? the dash light that indicates a problem with the ADS doesn't come on so I don't know what is causing the flashing comfort button light.

Sorry ignore call ,not necessary here,web site prompting you not me

First can you Check the No. 21 (7.5 A) fuse in the under-dash fuse/relay box.?

let me know

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Fuse looks fine

to be honest at this time You will need a Capable Factory scanner or equivalent to Read the Fault codes in the Modules needed and based on these faults we can pull up a Pin Point Troubleshoot and be Accurate ,If you get the Faults Read ,post them back here for me and I can Help You Further on it & we be Accurate other than that we end up throwing parts at it

as you can see we have several things involved ,if fuse we have a different issue ,.

With that said the mos common is the control unit or the Front acceleration sensor . but testing is needed ,this complicated system, so get the troubleshoot done at dealer using a dealer scanner and get faults code so we can pull up the correct troubleshoot and narrow down

Read below how to get back in touch with me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May receive My my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You?Chad Farhat?ASE Certified Technician

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
We take it to our mechanic tomorrow for a new car checkup. I am disappointed though as I thought I'd get more than check the fuse. I even looked it up and there are 2 fuses for the ADS I checked both. But I will get back to you after we get the report from the mechanic.

well I being honest with you ,sorry you disappointed , with these new systems, they have parts integrated that cause failure then a fuse unfortunately

let me know

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat