Acura

Acura repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Check VSA System SAHWD lights all came on at once. Got car…

Customer Question
Check VSA System SAHWD...

Check VSA System SAHWD lights all came on at once. Got car into garage and all electrical died.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Sorry--the yellow information on the dash of my 2008 MDX

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '08 Acura?

Car made a whistleing kind of sound when I first started up then all the yellow info came on

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Literally drove it into the garage and all systems crashed.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

140,000 miles and have taken very good care of it.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Acura
3/14/2018
Mechanic for Acura: tech0405, Technician replied 1 month ago
tech0405
tech0405, Technician

Good afternoon has the electrical power came back yet or it the vehicle dead at the moment ??

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Just checked and it is still dead.

Have you checked battery power or tried jumping the vehicle>?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Just checked and it is still dead.
It is a new battery but I have not tried to jump it as I was driving it when it died.

Does anything else work when you turn the key forward like the windows and other functions ??

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Just checked and it is still dead.
It is a new battery but I have not tried to jump it as I was driving it when it died.No lights turn on when I open the door and nothing happens when I turn the key

Ok more then likely you have lost battery voltage i recommend you check this if the battery checks out then you may have a issue with the body control module which you will need to check and see if you have power going to it if you have power at the body control module and the battery checks out ok then you will need a new module and coded by a certified shop that has the correct scan tools to do this . I hope this helps please dont forget to provide feedback for the help provided thank you

tech0405
tech0405
tech0405, Technician