Acura

Acura repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My HF link will not turn off. cannot play music. 2006 RL. I…

Customer Question
My HF link will...

My HF link will not turn off. cannot play music

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Acura?

2006 RL

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I tried trouble shooting it by holding the back button down for 5 seconds but nothing

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That is it

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Acura
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/9/2018
Mechanic for Acura: acramstr, ASE Master Tech replied 4 months ago
acramstr
acramstr, ASE Master Tech

Welcome to Just Answer My name is*****'m here to help you with your problem. Sorry for the delay I only answer questions in the evening. This sounds like the HFL unit has failed and is stuck in the mute cycle. The HFL will need to be replaced to restore the phone functions,However If you want to just use the radio and don't care about the Hands free phone function you can unplug the HFL unit. It is located next to the glove box on the passenger side of the vehicle. Its not real easy to get at but if you want to unplug it here is the location of the unit. All the other radio functions will still work if you unplug it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iguk0vs8s7xi6v7/hfl.pdf?dl=0

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to click either of the two stars on the left, please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.