Acura

Acura repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have code U1113 L0040 from the display. I also have

numbers from the side of...
I have code U1113 L0040 from the display. I also have numbers from the side of my glove box. What are they? I have a 2005 Acura TL. It needs a 4 digit radio code and a 5 digit nevagition code?
3/8/2018
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.If you no longer need help post a simple reply to let me know.

The U and L codes need to be diagnosed.This will require electrical test equipment to test the codes to locate the cause of the fault as well as a fully compatible scan tool that can display data signals for your model.

As for the radio and nav code, unfortunately, we are no longer able to give out these codes due to security reasons.Usually, though you can obtain the code direct from the manufacturer using the link below.

https://radio-navicode.acura.com/

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
These are not error codes. These are acura radio codes. Do you know how to get the navagatikn code for my unit?

I apologize for my info shows the U code as a possible fault code.

Unfortunately, we arent allowed to give out codes anymore due to security reasons.They kind of stopped us from giving those out anymore.But the link I sent above is the best way to get the correct code for your model.They usually do charge a fee but is the best option.Usually, it is either that or a dealer anymore.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok. I got a 5 digit code by calling acura. But the screen wants a 4 digit pin first.

You will need the serial number of the nav unit/radio itself to get the 4 digit pin from the same facility you spoke with to get the 5 digit radio code.In some cases, the radio/nav unit has to be removed to get this pin and in other cases, you can hold down Map, Menu and cancel button at the same time to get the nav serial number.

Thanks Pete

This is all of the info I show on this myself.

1. Remove the trim lining.
2. Remove the DVD-ROM.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yqy1ekcciwbofuz/n-03-08.png?dl=0

3. Remove the four screws (A) from the bracket (B) located in the trunk.
4. Disconnect the navigation unit connectors (C).
5. Remove the navigation unit (D).
6. Install in the reverse order of removal.
7. Install the DVD-ROM, then enter the 4-digit security code.
8. Do the system initialization.
9. Give the new anti-theft code to the customer.

The trim lining may be held in with clips or screws needing to be removed to access it.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Well not your fault but i dont see serial number in the above. Thank you for your help. I seem to remember when the trunk was in pieces a year ago that we found some numbers on the underside of the tire well. I may go back there.

It is possible as Honda did put some numbers for the codes on the spare tire area or cover for the spare tire on some of their model vehicles.If there is anything else I can help with let me know.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i just put in a very wrong dollar amount for a tip how do i stop it?

I don't see a tip was left as of yet.Usually, it goes through right away.Did you already submit the tip?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I tried for a wrong amount. I will see what hsppens.

Yeah, nothing showing up here so far.If you have any issues with it let me know though as I can send it to customer support to be taken care of.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I will have to wait for the accounting lag to catch up. I will remember. You did see your rating?

Yes I did get the rating and thank you for that.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Technician