Acura

Acura repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I need the reset code for my 99 Acura 3.5rl. You've great.

Customer Question
Thanks! I need the...

Thanks! I need the reset code for my 99 Acura 3.5rl

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Acura. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

No thank you, ***** ***** Thanks

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Acura
3/7/2018
Mechanic for Acura: Jared D, ASE Certified Technician replied 5 months ago
Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician

Good afternoon,

I assume you mean the radio unlock code?

Ok cool. First you need the serial number from the radio. Here is how you retrieve it from the display:

1. Turn the ignition switch to ON.
  2. Turn ON the device and confirm that the display reads COdE. If you don’t see this message, pull one battery cable for 1 minute, and then go back to step 1.
  3. Turn OFF the device.
  4. Press and hold the 1 and 6 radio preset buttons, and turn ON the device.
  5. The display toggles between two screens: U with the first 4 digits of the serial number (U2200 for example,)
  6. And L with the last 4 digits of the serial number (L0055 for example.)
  7. Ignore the U and L and record all 8 digits

Good morning,

Did you still need help with this?