Acura

Acura repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

With my 2000 Acura TL, I sometimes have troubles cranking…

Customer Question
Second opinion] with my...

Second opinion] with my 2000 Acura TL, I sometimes have troubles cranking the car. most times, I turn the ignition and it cranks, but other times it either doesn't crank at all or cuts on but cuts back off. what could be the problem?

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

I can turn the steering wheel

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your TL yourself? What have you tried so far?

Changing the transmission fluid

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

A transmission solenoid is out on the car I believe, and my car sometimes switches from drive to nuetral really quick

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Acura
3/7/2018
Mechanic for Acura: Chris (aka- Moose), Acura Technician replied 1 month ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Acura Technician

Hello I am Chris

This concern is a not my strongest area of expertise, but I am willing to try if help is still needed.

thebesthonda
thebesthonda
thebesthonda, ASE MasterTechnician