Acura

Acura repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Changed the battery and do not know what the code is to

Changed the battery and...

Changed the battery and do not know what the code is to reset radio.

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the battery been recently disconnected? Have you checked the manual or the glove box for the radio code?

I bought the car used and the code card not on the info.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Acura?

2011 tsx

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your TSX yourself? What have you tried so far?

Changed the battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's all I did

3/3/2018
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hello, my name is ***** ***** to Just Answer! I will be assisting you with your questions today. Give me one moment while I review this.

NEW RULES to follow:
I am so sorry your radio is not working, due to security reasons, for
your protection we are prohibited from giving out the code to your
radio. This measure is put in place to prevent thefts, and we want
to keep you and everyone else safe. But the good news is, you can
get the code from your dealer for free by showing proof of
ownership.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

Thanks Ron

You're welcome.Thank you too and please remember to rate me 5 stars now and keep this link in case any other questions pop up.

5 stars!

I appreciate that, but you do need to click on the 5th star at the top of your page. I won't get credit until you do that for me:)

Let me know if you need any more help with the rating.

Thanks again, Ron

rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars now
and keep this link in case you need me again later on.
I don’t get credit for assisting you until you rate me
My goal is to assist you in the repair of your vehicle by
supplying you with well educated information. I may not
always have the exact fix you wanted to hear, but my job is
to get you on the right track, which I always do. I can’t hear,
see, smell or touch your vehicle from where I’m at, so your
understanding of that is greatly appreciated. There are no
magical answers, but I do my best to guide you in the right
direction.