Acura

Acura repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

RSX Type S 2004 keyless entry will lock & unlock the

RSX Type S 2004...

RSX Type S 2004 keyless entry will lock & unlock the passenger door and hatchback but not drivers door. Also, the unlock function acts normally [audible unlock and lights flash] but the lock function results in only and audible lock but the lights no longer flash. I've put new batteries in each keyless fob.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you double-checked to make sure the positive and negative signs are lined up correctly?

Sorry, don't understand.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Hatchback?

As I said, 2004

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Hatchback yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am attempting to remedy the problem by myself ... until I can't. Batteries in fobs are new. Driver's door will only lock with keys. Driver's side door lock button on the door panel will not lock the driver's door but WILL lock the pass. and hatch.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That should be it.

3/1/2018
Mechanic for Acura: justinsbg, Acura Mechanic replied 4 years ago
justinsbg
justinsbg, Acura Mechanic

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. Can you please provide the VIN for this vehicle so I can be sure I am looking at the correct service information? Thanks

JH4DC53054S003373
Let's try this via email since I'm not in any rush.

thanks. give me a moment

Reminder, I have not been paid at this point and won't be until I receive a positive rating from you. At that point I will receive a portion of what you've already paid Just Answer.

I am a Honda/Acura only technician of 11 years so I know the brand well. The problem is a faulty door lock actuator. I will include a link to view the factory part, part number, and reduced online pricing. Replace this and your lock will work again. If you have any additional questions just let me know. Thanks!

You can go ahead and rate me positively. Don't worry, there aren't additional charges for posting to this thread after you rate so we can keep chatting. Thanks

https://www.acurapartswarehouse.com/oem/acura~actuator~assy~door~lock~72155-s5p-a11.html?Vin=JH4DC53054S003373&Filter=()&Location=door-locks-outer-handle,1173840,26

justinsbg
justinsbg, Acura Mechanic
Justin, Many thanks for your quick response ... gave you all 5 stars ... hope that's satisfactory.
I have some follow-up Qs.; will the actuator work on any door i.e., is it bi-directional - no left, right or center mounting orientation? will I have to re-program my fobs? will I need any special tools?

1). The actuator part number in the link is for the driver's door only.

2). It will only install one way. You'll have to remove the latch to replace the actuator. Once you get the latch out replacement of the actuator will be self explanatory.

3). No special tools. Phillips head screw driver, 10mm socket, long flat blade screw driver to pop out the lever connecting the outer handle to the latch. I think that's it

Much obliged, Justin.

you're welcome