Acura

Acura Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Acura

Engine light blinking and TCS on since yesterday. P0301,

Customer Question
P0302 and P0306 code are...
Engine light blinking and TCS on since yesterday. P0301, P0302 and P0306 code are shown. I changed the spark plugs yesterday (two of them has an oil on it) and changed the location of the coils randomly. however, all the cylinders have misfiring issue.
Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Acura
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I bought the car two years ago and have not do any mechanical things on it. however, the transmission has problem and has delay most of the times or not changing properly specially when I turn it on for a first time in a day. after that the changing the gears work properly altought still has some delay.
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
1/19/2018
Mechanic for Acura: david craig, Acura Mechanic replied 29 days ago
david craig
david craig, Acura Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you. Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you

do a compression test on all cylinders please

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
how can I do the compression test?
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
do I need specific tool to do it?

you need a compression test gauge

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
if I test, what number should I expected if everything was right?

all cylinders should be within 20 psi 0f each other. you want to see at least 150 psi on each cylinder

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
if it wasn't in the range, what should I do?
what cause all does cylinder show misfiring after changing the sparks and changing the coils locations? before, it was just cylinder 1,2,and 6

loose connections and bad grounds

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
is tightening the sparks as an amateur cause it?
and 2 of my sparks had an oil on them when I took them off. also, I opened the intake to clean it and there was lots of oil cumulative there. are these related to the problem?

yes. all related. start the engine and remove the oil filler cap. tell me if you feel suction

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
No there ia no auction

ok good. go ahead and check the compression then

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
ok i will go to buy the kit. I also ordered set of coils to change the coils. do you think it might be help or not?
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
the transmission oil smell is not good and kind of burning. however, nobody here know the solution of Acura 2000 transmission problem. is there anything for that could I check to change or not?

if its shifting ok just change the fluid

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
it is not shifting at morning and suddenly stock in one gear and G5 blinking. then I need to restart the car

ok then you need to have the transmission scanned for fault codes if changing the fluid doesnt help

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
the codes are:
p0740 TCC circuit malfunction
p0730 Gear ratio incorrect
p0780 shift malfunction
p1750 manufactorer control transmission

wow. you have issues. you need to open up another request for those. this one is for the misfires.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
is it free if you call since I have a trial 7 days membership? I will go to test the pressure tomorrow morning and I might need your assitant.

ok, let me know. as far as the call, no it's not free even if you have a full membership. don't ask me why cause I don't know

thebesthonda
thebesthonda
thebesthonda, ASE MasterTechnician