Acura

Acura Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Acura

I replaced my battery recently, the radio is asking for the…

I replaced my battery...

I replaced my battery recently, the radio is asking for the code, which I have on a card that came with the car, but the code is not working.

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the battery been recently disconnected? Have you checked the manual or the glove box for the radio code?

I have the code, it does not work

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Acura?

2011 MDX

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just entering the code

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Sure, the code provided by Acura, which I have on the card that came with the card does not work. I also looked it up on an Acura website by entering the VIN and Radio Serial number. The site gave me the same code I already have.

1/15/2018
acramstr
acramstr, ASE Master Tech

Welcome to Just Answer My name is*****'m here to help you with your problem. what does the radio display say after you input the code?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
After each attempt the counter goes up, code error 2, 3, 4, etc... finally code error e, at which point I can no longer enter the codes.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I turn off the radio and hold buttons 1, 6 and the power button, which allows me to enter the codes again.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
But the code never works

ok, do this disconnect the battery for 5 min. reconnect it and start the car. turn the radio on and input the code using the preset buttons one time. the radio should beep and then come on. If not let me know what the screen says.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok, give me a few minutes

ok I will check back

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Did what you asked, did not work. Screen says Code Error 1

ok then somehow you have the wrong code. Unfortunately I am not allowed to give out codes on the site. So I will opt out and see if another expert can help you . But it looks like a local dealer will need to call Acura for you to verify the code with alpine . Sorry.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Smh, I have the code on the card and looked it up on an Acura site.
Steve
Steve, ASE Certified Technician

What is the code you are trying to enter? Does the radio beep before the last number is *****?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have a card that came with the car, on it there is a 5 digit code for the radio. That is what I am entering. It’s d21242.
I cannot recall specifically, but I would say that it does not. I think it beeps after the last number is ***** then it basically tells me the code is wrong.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I enter the codes over and over again until it says “code error e” I believe that’s the message. I then hold buttons 1 and 6 along with the power button to reset the counter and try again. It never works.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
By the way, the code is 21242. I also confirmed that from and Acura site by entering the VIN and Radio Serial Number

Please try disconnecting the battery for about 5 minuets and then try to enter the code again.

Listen to make sure it does not beep before the last number is ***** I am assuming the radio has never been out of the vehicle for repairs.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
If it does beep before the last number, what does that mean?

That means the code may not be correct.

If you have the key on and radio off, holding the 1 and 6 what serial number does the radio display?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It beeps after I enter the last number.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It beeps after I enter the last number
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Attached are pictures of the card with the code, a screen shot from radio-navicode.acura.com and a picture of the serial number after I removed the radio.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I noticed that the serial number I entered on the Acura site is different than what’s on the sticker on the radio.
I went back to the site and entered the number from the radio and it gave me a different four digit code. Does the radio accept 4 digit codes? I’m not with the car now so I cannot check.

I come with 41226 as the radio code for the serial number on the radio itself. Please try that one

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok, i’ll Have to check it after work. Thanks!

Great. I hope it works for you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Steve, the code you provided worked on my radio. Thanks for your help!

Glad to help out. Positive feedback would be appreciated.

Steve
Steve, ASE Certified Technician
Steve
Steve
Steve, ASE Certified Technician