Acura

Acura repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

On my 2006 MDX, the washer fluid pump and rear wiper stopped…

On my 2006 MDX...

On my 2006 MDX, the washer fluid pump and rear wiper stopped working

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?

The driver side fuses are covered at the bottom and I can't get the cover off to check the fuse

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '06 Acura?

MDX Touring

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Touring yourself? What have you tried so far?

I checked a couple fuses but in reading online I think the fuses responsible for the pump and rear wiper are under the cover

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I think that's basically the situation

1/15/2018
acuragold74
acuragold74, Acura Mechanic
Most common is a faulty wiper switch has this been checked ?
That has not been checked yet
Ok that’s is going to be the issues changed many for this problem. Hoped this helped. Please rate excellent service so I can get credit for my help thanks.
acuragold74
acuragold74, Acura Mechanic
Given the original question - how do I remove the cover on the drivers side fuse panel - any pointers on that? I would like to check the basic fuses before taking it in. Thanks!