Acura

Acura repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Is it safe to drive a 2008 Acura RL with a broken front

Customer Question
Is it safe to...

Is it safe to drive a 2008 Acura RL with a broken front subframe?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '08 Acura?

RL Tech

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

No-just waiting for insurance to determine cause but still driving and it seems to drive well

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It does pull a bit to the right but all else seems ok.Is it safe to drive?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Acura
1/14/2018
Mechanic for Acura: Randall C, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Randall C
Randall C, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, is there any way possible to take a picture and send to this post so I can seethe damage?

It is broken right through up near the front right wheel.
No I just want to know what is supported by this front subframe and is it safe to drive(carefully) until can be fixed. No noise -no other obvious malfunction other than a slight pull to the right.

well, without seeing this I do not want to answer. I am going to opt out

Simple question , please respond.
Mechanic for Acura: Clifton B., ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Certified Technician

hi my name is ***** ***** i will be helping you today

i​f the sub frame is broken then NO DO NOT DRIVE THE CAR . because every thing if the form of the car is mounted to the sub frame from the engine to trans to the suspension , this is simply not same to drive

if you have any more questions please ask . if not please rate the service before you go as this is the only way for me to get credit thanks.

please remember to rate thanks.

Clifton B.
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Certified Technician